Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide, A Closer Look
There is widespread confusion over the meaning of stabilized chlorine dioxide. The discussion here describes how stabilized chlorine dioxide differs from active chlorine dioxide. In particular, stabilized chlorine dioxide will be shown less effective than active chlorine dioxide as an ingredient in oral health products.
L. Mueller-Joseph, State University of New York at Farmingdale, Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Farmingdale, NY
- Efficacy Evaluation of a Chlorine Dioxide Containing Toothpaste (DioxiBrite™) on Plaque and Gingivitis
A double blind study in 14 patients showed that DioxiBrite™ toothpaste was statistically significantly (p> 0.0482) better than Colgate's TOTAL® for plaque reduction, and as effective in treating gingivitis. These results are significant given that TOTAL has FDA approval for these indications.
- Efficacy Evaluation of a Chlorine Dioxide Toothpaste (DioxiBrite™) on Plaque and Gingivitis
A double blind study in 55 patients confirmed the results of the previous study by demonstrating that DioxiBrite™ toothpaste was better than Colgate's TOTAL on plaque.
S. Nachnani, University Health Resources Group, Inc., Culver City, CA
- Effect of DioxiRinse™ Mouthwash on Oral Malodor: Clinical and Microbiological Pilot Study
A one-week study in 15 patients with halitosis demonstrated that DioxiRinse mouthwash effectively reduced oral malodor, volatile sulfur compounds, and microbial counts. Study subjects commented that they "liked the mouthwash".
BioClenz™(formerly named DioxiClear) Dental Line Cleaner
R. Puttaiah, Baylor College of Dentistry TAMUS HSC, Dallas, TX
- Evaluation of DioxiClear™ as a treatment for dental unit waterline biofilms and as a water contamination control agent
Presented at the 30th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Dental Research, March 2001. Chicago, Ill. J Dent Research Vol. 80 Special Issue [AADR Abstracts]. Abstract # 1066.>
- Utilization of two concentrations of ClO2 Cleaner in controlling dental waterline contamination
R. Puttaiah, et al, Baylor College of Dentistry TAMUS HSC, Dallas, TX
In two studies, BioClenz was tested for its efficacy as a dental line decontaminant and biofilm remover.
Submitted for Publication in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry:
- Clinical and Microbiological Efficacy of Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) in the Management of Chronic Atrophic Candidiasis
AR. Mohammad, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry Columbus, Ohio
A 30 patient trial in which DioxiDent liquid proved outstanding for the treatment of Candida albicans yeast infections of the mouth.